Extrusion Cutover Operator
Are you ready to find success? If you’re ready, come talk to us! Profile Films is a successful, fast growing company that offers great quality of life, a defined career ladder, competitive pay, and exceptional benefits.
We believe that each Profile Films employee is the most important part of our business, and our success is dependent on our ability to attract, hire and retain top quality employees. We are proud of our company and the principles on which it stands. Our growth and success have been achieved through the efforts of all of our employees.
If you are ready to find personal success through helping us to succeed, we look forward to talking to you about becoming a member of the Profile Films team. You will work in a new, top of the line manufacturing facility with a supportive company culture alongside fellow employees who are committed to our company, customers, and each other’s success.
If you meet the following qualifications please apply!
- Show up for shifts on time
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to lift 20 – 50 pounds repetitively
- Able to do basic math and measurements
- Willing to help out fellow employees
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required
Salary: $13.50 per hour. Increases available during first year.
Shift: Days (5am – 5pm), Nights (5pm – 5am) EOEO
Reports to: Extrusion Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: None
Working Conditions: Typical manufacturing environment which may include extremes of heat & cold, moving machinery and areas of loud noise. May be subject to resin/plastic fumes.
- Cutover plastic rolls on assigned lines
- Audit roll quality in real time
- Package rolls correctly with great overall appearance for the customer
- Maintain housekeeping in their assigned work area
- Understand quality requirements specific to their position for each production order
- Immediately identify deviations in quality requirements and communicate them to the Extrusion Machine Operator
- Sign off quality inspection on each roll indicating that is has: no color bleeds, no gauge bands, good edges, properly aligned core, good print, correct label and packaging
- Accurately use a measuring tape and place cores on winder shaft; perform roll transfers
- Fills in for other operators as necessary to cover breaks, absences, etc.
- Mobility to move about in a manufacturing environment, including stairs and ladders, with a high level of exertion and flexibility for up to 12 hours per shift
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Typically bends, stoops and crouches on a regular basis to adjust settings on machinery
- Constantly moves about to perform work
- Uses J-knife for roll transfers and box knife for cutting down scrap
- Adheres to all safety and GMP regulations and procedures
- Completes required reports
- Talks with, listens to, or signals teammates to convey or exchange information
- 18 years of age or older (required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Must be able to work holidays as required
- Must be able to work assigned schedule
- Must test negative on drug screen
- No prior experience required; however, prior experience is preferred
- Strong character with strong integrity
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse team members
- Sets high standards for work quality with intense quality and safety focus
- Effective verbal, written and electronic communication skills
- Process oriented
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfort with company culture
- Loyalty to and comfort with manufacturing environment
This is a full time position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status or disability.
All applicants must provide documentation of eligibility to work in the United States.
All applicants must pass a drug screen and physical.
All applicants must authorize reference and/or background checks.
If you are interested in this position please download our application and consent form.
After filling them out you can email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also email a resume or feel free to stop in to our office.